Monday, September 19, 2016

Homework 3: Unreal First Steps

I started with the starter content to create a new scene. I erased the starter content, then went to file and added a new level. I hit the default new level option. I added a cylinder from the Geometry shapes, I reshaped and resized it and played around a bit with it. I added a curved stair leading up to the cylinder. I made a higher cylinder and spiral staircase in the sky, sort of like another level that the fairy in the game might be able to fly up to.  At this point, I also added a directional light and played around with the shadows which were cast.






Next, I changed the scale of the floor for X,Y, and Z to 5. I began adding texture to the stairs and cylinders. I added a cobblestone texture to the stairs and a chose the ground grass texture for the base floor.


Here, I right-clicked and added a actor, and chose the camera actor option. The following screenshots shows the camera actor view. 


Here, I just began adding additional content from the content folders. I chose the boulders to help add more objects in the scene.



Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment